My kids are enamored with Harry Potter. I read Brody the Sorcerer's Stone and both love the movie. Brody now wears a scar on his forehead and when he watches the movie he has a little arsenol of Harry Potter memoribilia stacked beside him. Let's see; a flying car, a troll, a wand, a small broomstick, usually the Harry Potter case (which Kelsi now carries around with her, apparantly so she can refer to the cover when necessary), oh and this little booklet of Harry Potter trinkets you can buy. A wand is $39.50 and yes, Brody thinks everyone in our family needs their own. He even has them picked out in the booklet. Not to mention he wants a Griffendor pin and a Nimbus 2000. If anyone remembers the Batman phase (which lasted almost 2 full years) you'll know that my son doesn't know what a 'flash in the pan' is and Harry Potter could very well be around to stay.
Kelsi looked so cute riding around on the Nimbus 2000 I just had to take a picture. She wouldn't hold still for me and after much asking....then ordering....I was still getting nowhere with her. This picture was taken just as I hear my little Harry Potter wannabe cast the spell "petrificus totalus" on his sister. And as all of you Harry Potter fans out there know, when this spell is cast on you, you FREEZE-as in stop, can't move, full-body-bind! Hey, at least he knows his spells.
On another non-Harry Potter related note. This morning as I was making breakfast I hear Brody yell from the other room, "Mom, give me 1 minute on the timer please." I go in there and he has Kelsi in a time-out and is asking for her time to start for her punishment...sitting on the bottom step of the stairs. She wasn't fussing and seem to think she deserved to sit on the stairs for whatever fraction of the rules she had committed. After the time out he gave her hugs and kisses and let her off the stairs. I asked him what she was in a time out for and he said she kept hitting him on the back with her sippy cup. Well, at least it was something legit.

1 comments:
Kelly, it looks awesome! It will come as no surprise to you that of all those blog layouts, I ALMOST chose the one you chose. It was my second pick. I think we've had the same taste since we were five and seven.
Post a Comment