Friday, March 7, 2008

Pacifiers and Backpacks





Well, the time has come (and past) for Kelsi to give up her pacifier. But today I finally took the bull by the horns and Kelsi and I threw away her pacifiers. She DID NOT like that! She cried and cried at the garbage can for over an hour and then got one out and put it back in her mouth. So I cut the end off, then she just put her head down and cried. It really was heartbreaking for me to watch and I wanted to give in, but for what? Just to put her through her misery again at some later date or let her graduate high school with her paci? I just stayed strong! She made it through naptime okay so hopefully tonight won't be horrible and we'll be past the brunt of it. In the meantime, here is miss cranky face. (She gave me a horrible cranky face right before I took the picture, this one isn't so bad).




Brody gets to spend the night at Grandpa and Grandma's house tonight. He is ecstatic. He has been wearing his (already packed) backpack since he got out of the bathtub this morning. Grandpa and Grandma-HURRY UP! Tomorrow he is going to his cousin, Canon's 4th birthday party. It is a superhero party, how appropriate. Brody is going as Batman and he bought his cousin a Batman dress up outfit. Apparantely, Grandma is going to get both of them Batman swords today at the store. At least, that was the story I got from Brody after he talked to Grandma.




On another special note, let me just say CONGRATULATIONS to my little sister Whitney and her hubby Jeremy. Their first (of many we hope) addition to their family arrived safe and sound March 4th at 7:22pm. Good job sis! I know you will be great parents. Watch out for the poopies. Oh and one more tip, if you don't tuck the little wee-wee down, he will wet all over himself. Welcome home Tyler Seaberg Keith!

2 comments:

annie valentine said...

You're such a good mommy, its going to be fun to see her darling face without that paci in the pictures you post. Way to stick it out, I hope you're still finding success. Jason says it was traumatic when his folks threw his over the big fence in the back yard. He still remembers it and he was only two.

Emily said...

Getting Cali to give up the binkie was so hard. We tried the whole "other little babies need your binkies so we're going to give them to the babies" but since Cali wasn't a big fan of babies until her sister came along, she didn't want to share her binkies with them. Then someone told me to try having a "binkie fairy" come and take them away. She didn't fall for that either. I even tried cutting the end off them, but then she just wanted the plastic part in her mouth. So anyway, good job getting that done with.

Brody sounds like such a fun boy. Backpacks, Batman and swords...he's in for a great sleepover. Love the picture!