Monday, March 31, 2008

Update

Well, the no tv thing is actually working-to an extent. We are watching way less of the millions of channels we used to, although we are now finding new and exciting things to watch on limited cable. Hmm, yesterday I actually watched Nancy Pelosi (the Speaker of the House for those of you non-politics following people out there) on PBS. Of course, I was really just waiting for The Lawrence Welk Show to start afterward, but still....

My kids have also decided their new favorite show is some taped 1980's Road-show looking version of My Turn on Earth. They are now watching it for the 2nd time in less than 24 hours. See how we are extending our horizons? Brody was pretty bummed when he realized there would be no 'movie time Monday' on the Disney channel this morning, but I quickly turned him on to the thrills of 'The Price is Right.' His first game show ever. What a good mom I am, eh?

So I have learned that although you can turn off your favorite cable stations, it doesn't always mean the tv goes off or that you can't find something else to watch. I now just find myself viewing things I'd never looked at before. It is somewhat annoying and somewhat enlightening. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

1 comments:

Emily said...

What a brave idea. You are totally right about how the TV just stays on all day. I'll turn it off once we're all headed for bed and it's like, "oh, wait, how nice and quiet it is in our home." Cali is really into old cartoons, like "The Pink Panther" and Tom and Jerry" so we went out and bought her DVDS of those, which work well because there's only so many episodes, so it's only on for so long. Some of those shows that are on all day drive me CrAzy!