We had a fun night last night. We went to Linda's Trunk or Treat/Carnival. The kids played lots of games; the football toss, bowling, cake walk (both won yummy treats), hammer the nail, and several others. As you can see, Bryce went as a pirate and I went with as much costume as I like-a little boa and cute little devil horns. Maybe I'll branch out more next year.
The nice thing about having little kids on Halloween is that they have no idea when they don't get a butt-load of candy. Our kids each filled their plasic pumpkins less than half full, but they think they hit the motherload. I am sooo not looking forward to the days when they run out of the door promising to fill their entire pillowcase. As it is, I came home at 9pm to an entire bowl full of peanut butter cups and kit kat-candy I never gave out last night. Now what am I going to do with that candy and the kids' candy? Drown it, I say.
6 comments:
You guys look so great! I tell myself every year that I'll dress up too. This year I got a pair of sleeves that when you wear them, look like your arms have tattoos all over them. People at our ward party thought I painted them on me. It was funny. I need to just get some black make up and some fake piercings to go with it for next year. Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun with the party and other stuff you did. It is nice when the kids are young and think they've struck gold with just a few pieces of candy. :)
You guys look great. It IS nice when your kids are too young to realize they didn't get a ton of candy. This year, my kids were all about the quantity. Tatton actually used his back pack to hold candy & filled it 1 & 1/2 times! That was only 1 out of our 4 kids. So, this morning, they spread it all out over the play room floor to organize it. They counted 284 snickers, 380 something tootsie rolls, etc. It's insane!
Oh my gosh! Brody ended up with 40 pieces, of which he informed me proudly. I never know what to do about getting rid of candy each year, but this year decided to let each kid choose 14 pieces (2 pieces per day for 1 week). Then we threw the rest in the poopy diaper garbage. Yeah, no chance I'll get a sugar craving and go to dig that out!
Exactly why I always buy the cheapest, worst Halloween candy! I figure there are enough other people giving out the good stuff - why torture myself?
I just have to say that I don't think I'd have recognized Brody if I passed him on the street. You guys looked great!
How fun! Great costumes
I love your family photo. You guys were great all dressed up. Fun to see you at the mall last week. Love, Aunt Kerry
Post a Comment