Look at my big boy! This kid is such a doll and I am so glad he is my baby. He's treating me pretty good so far. Just happy to sit and play with his toys or (like now) chew on his hand and blab. He is such an easy baby.
I was surprised the difference in my workload and busy-ness that one more kid added and although I am used to it and things run smoothly around here, I don't find a lot of free time to read (sorry book club), blog (sorry bloggies) and do all the projects around the house that I am always telling Bryce I'll get to (sorry honey). However, I really love my life right now, as crazy as it is! I was just thinking today how in 2 more years both Brody and Kelsi will be in school full day. Then things will surely calm down. As for right now though, busy, busy days.
I love this picture of Bryce and Kelsi. She is just the funnest kid. She started Itty Bitty soccer this spring and if you want a thrill, come to one of her games. I laughed the whole way through it. She danced, she kicked, she show-boated, she loved the applause and I am pretty sure she thought whenever the crowd cheered it was meant personally for her. It was hysterical.
Although we had a big to-do planned for Memorial Day weekend, a potentially sick Colton and crummy weather kept us here in Olympia instead of heading to Salem as originally planned. But it worked out wonderfully! We got a room down at the Phoenix Inn and stayed Saturday night. It was a complete blast! The kids loved the pool, the hotel, the room, we loved it so much and had so much fun we are committed to going to the Phoenix once every couple of months now, just to take that awesome mini-vacation.
Here we are Saturday night, taking in the downtown Olympia night life ;) Okay, we stopped for dessert at a place called the Cascadia Grill for some major yummy banana splits and milkshakes. Totally worth every calorie! Just down the block from The Lemon Grass Restaurant. We had never been there before, but Bryce and I ate dinner there that night. So glad we tried it! It also was worth every bite!
4 comments:
I love that picture of Colton at the top!! He is such a little cutie!!
What a great idea to do a little mini vacation in Olympia. I had a 4 day weekend and since the weather was so lousy we didn't end up doing much :( I guess there's always next year.
Oh, and by the way, Allison isn't the only one who reads your blog, I do too :)
Thanks Allisha! So bummed about your 4 day wkend,that's what Bryce had too. I am really hoping for a lot of sun this summer to mske up for this nasty spring.
I have often thought of just getting a hotel here in town for the pool and a mini vacation. I'm glad it was successful for you guys and I just may be more serious about it next time.
Good for you you made good use of the long-weekend! Anything with a pool and my boys are in heaven. Your little ones are all so cute!
Post a Comment