Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas at our house!

Here are a few nice shots of our Christmas morning. We really don't have any super traditions at our house. It's pretty standard, get up get stockings and presents and commence the opening. One thing we do is to make everyone's pile of presents, then open them one by one so we can mostly oohh and aahh over each other's presents. We really don't tear through things quickly , but like to savor the moment :)

I would like to add some special Christmas breakfast we can make a tradition. Anyone have any suggestions?
Love this picture of the kids. Of course, Kelsi can make every picture a master piece, she is such a good poser. She's lucky Brody puts up with all her cuddliness.

Kelsi giving her dad loves after she received the most gigundo Disney princess art set. Thank you Costco.

Here's what Colton pretty much did all morning long. Chocolate Cheerios and sitting next to his presents. It took him awhile to realize he could actually rip into them.


Bristol. A roaring fire, a comfortable place to lay, and no kids bothering her. Seriously, can it get any better than this for a cat?!

Kelsi and I, she is such a sweet girl and always so grateful. She was full of hugs for everyone Christmas morning. I am, of course, videotaping all of the action.


A nice picture of Bryce and all of the kids. Even got Colton facing the camera.

Finally Colton abandoned the Cheerios and went for the presents. He got a cute workbench that makes noise and a truck. So easy to make babies happy on Christmas.

Kelsi, as happy as a clam with her much-wanted Disney barbie set. Thank goodness Santa got her letter and granted her wish!
Now onto Grandma Linda's house for the rest of our Christmas day. She always sets a lovely table and we always take our picture around it. Colton loves being at the table too and devoured a whole roll while simultaneously grabbing every piece of silverware in the process, dipping it in the cranberries and rubbing it on my sleeve. So glad I was wearing navy. He can be such a stinker!

Bryce and kids getting into the presents.


We had a very nice Christmas. I think this was one of the funnest ones for us that I remember. Just lots of good gifts for each other, lots of surprises for all members of the family, wonderful days with both my family and Bryce's mom, and capping off a month full of the Christmas spirit.

4 comments:

Ali said...

How could Kelsi not be happy with that princess collection?! Sounds similar to our Christmas mornings, I do have a good recipe for pumpkin waffles with buttermilk syrup.
Kelly - do you wake up that beautiful?

Kelly said...

I admit, I fixed the top of my hair because the night before I put it up when I got in the tub and it was all crinkly! Gotta look at least decent for those pictures.

Those waffles and syrup sound amazing. Is the recipe a quick fix? Or can I make it the night before?

Ali said...

Just sent the recipe. You can totally make it the night before!

Stephanie said...

Love all the pics, Kelly. Kelsi got hooked up big time with the princess stuff, lucky girl!! :) You guys have a super cute bunch of kids. Will you email me Ali's pumpkin waffle recipe?