I had to start off with this great picture of the kids. After they received their emails from Santa they jumped right up to write thank you notes to him. So sweet.
So we took off to my parent's house the morning of the 24th to spend our annual Christmas Eve day and night there. I love this day. It starts the whole Christmas thing for me. Even when I was a kid, Christmas Eve was the big party at my Granparent's house so I love the 24th as much as I love the 25th. Sometimes I think I love it even more because you still have all of the anticipation of the actual Christmas Day.
My dad with Colton. Thanks grandpa for always watching out for your little guy and letting me visit and work with all the ladies in the kitchen.
Brody with Carson and Brooke's boys, Canon and Cason. Thank goodness for these guys, they sure do have a lot of fun together.
Then we have the two little girls, Kelsi and Miley. We are so lucky to have Uncle Carson and Aunt Brooke's family close so Brody and Kelsi have cousins their age to play with. Of course we totally miss Aunt Kendra and Uncle Jer and their kids when they stay home in Idaho. We are really looking forward (already!) to next Christmas when it is their turn to come out here!
The kids' table, enjoying Grandma's new (but not finished) back room. We can't wait until next Christmas when all the renovations will be done. The house will be awesome!Clockwise starting with Brody, Canon, Miley, Kelsi, Tyler and Cason. The two littlest guys, Colton and Zane were napping, as they did a good portion of the day. That makes their moms pretty darn happy to not have babies underfoot all day.
Gotta throw in a picture of Bryce and I. You'd be shocked to know how many pictures we actually had to take this time to get a good one of both of us. But here it is, in all of it's glory :)
A cute picture of our little buddy. He really was there! He loved roaming around, chasing the cousins, hanging with grandpa and his new found freedom that walking brings.
Of course having Santa come on Christmas Eve has been a tradition in the Valentine family for over 50 years. Starting with my Great-Grandpa Crosby Valentine when he would come in the Santa suit Great-Grandma made for him and treat my mom and her siblings to a visit from Santa. Then passed down to my Granpa Rex who did the same for all of us. Eventually he passed the suit on to his son, Bruce, who still plays Santa at my Grandparent's house on the 24th. Unfortunately with the growth of the Seaberg family, we now miss out on going to Valentine's on the 24th, but have formed our own traditons, which include my dad dressing up as Santa for all of our kids.
It was a perfect day. Thank you to all of our family who came and made it so!
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Cousins are the best to play with. I used to love the 24th just as much too. But our traditions have dwindled and we're now trying to come up with new ones.
I hear ya. Even though we LOVE, love the 24th, we still want some traditions of our own, maybe the eve of the 23rd and also Christmas morning.
Post a Comment