We walked everywhere, which was fine with us because it was gorgeous weather. Here we came down a few blocks from our hotel to check out the Seaside 4th of July parade. We got a spot right next to the park where the parade started. Can I just say this is the place to be in parades? No one is hot, tired, or out of candy to throw. Our kids totally scored and it was so much fun!
Then on to the Seaside Aquarium. I have to use that title somewhat losely. Our hotel gave us a $25 voucher to the Aquarium (which is right on the Promenade) and we walked by it constantly so of course our kids wanted to go. Can I just say? GOD BLESS OUR HOTEL because it was NOT cheap to get in and the $25 voucher just paid for our family. I can't believe they actually charge people to get in here.
This was the front little area. If more than 10 people are present, you can't see the little seals running around in the water. Super exciting. (So sarcastic there). Then you walk into the aquarium. A room, about 30x40ft with glass displays running along each wall containg things as exciting as anemones, spiny anemones, starfish, puffer fish and you get the picture. They did have 2 decent sized octupi which were COOL. Then of course the exciting information center at which the most bored looking teen on the planet was sitting and twirling her hair. I kid you not. I'll say it again. I can't believe they charge people to come in here. I can't believe people actually pay it.
See, we look excited, but we'd really only been here 2 min.
But, on to bigger and better things. We love the bumper cars. Always one of the first things we do. Here are Bryce and Brody. I found out later (when riding with Brody as he was actually accelerating to smash people) that Bryce tells him NEVER, EVER take your foot of the gas and you just try to plow people. Hmm, I went in with a different strategy. Ummm, NOT to get whiplash. My ride with Brody about did me in and I will never ride with Bryce! :)
Here are Kelsi and I. We aren't total chumps. We did our fair share of smashing people, but just not a bone-jarring full throttle like the boys. Very ladylike smash em's.Overall, a totally fab vacation. So glad we went and we absolutely intend to go again on the 4th. Maybe not every year, but we're thinking every other year for sure. We do love Seaside.
0 comments:
Post a Comment