We decided to go to Seaside for the 4th of July this year. It was kind of a last minute thing, but we got a sweet room at a beach front hotel that was darling-more like a bed and breakfast and we consider it our new secret haunt. LOVE IT. We are already booked for August 2012. Seriously.
Here we are. Arrived. A cute picture of Bryce and the kids in front of the Seaside sign. Humph. Miss Kelsi must have not gotten her way about something. Little grumpo. Luckily it didn't last too long.
Here Kelsi and I are walking the Boardwalk on the morning of the 4th. There were flags everywhere and people lining the streets for the parade. We had donuts at this yummy little restaurant called Dundee (I think). Then we ate dinner there that night too! I think Seaside is just a lot of games and eating. At least that's what we seem to get out of it.
Bryce and the kids did get in the ocean though, but I thought they were nuts. It was not warm and the wind was whipping pretty darn good, which made it even cooler. Colton and I sat on the beach where he succeded in shoveling sand everywhere but the bucket. My eyes, his eyes, down his shirt, on my clothes, etc. And the wind was blowing so hard the sand was flitting along, I had sand in my mouth and in my gum! So Colton and I didn't last too long on the beach. He loved it but kept crying because he was constantly getting sand in his face. We took off back to the hotel room. But everyone else loved the ocean and begged to go again and again.
Ahhh, the carousel ride. Kelsi loves it and always goes. Brody thinks it's lame, but secretly wants to go because he doesn't want to feel like he's missing out on anything. This year we put Colton up there and this was his first carousel ride. I am so glad I was there because the second this thing started moving he started smiling and squealing. And he never stopped the entire time. He loved it! He was thrilled. He was on cloud 9, 7th Heaven, happy as a clam.
2 comments:
Okay I need to know your secret little place because I love the Oregon Coast but I have never seen Seaside that busy before, making a mental note never to go over the 4th.
What a fun vacation! And what a cute family!
Ummm, Kel. You look like a supermodel. What is your secret!?!
Post a Comment