Monday, August 1, 2011

House reconstruction :)

Here was the next project, since we just couldn't seem to help ourselves. We painted this same 'perfect taupe' in the family room on a few walls and then decided we needed more white to make it pop. Meet the new family room wall project. I wanted to beadboard it and add a shelf. My wonderful husband made it happen, just to perfection.

A few late nights, a lot of runs to Lowe's and Home Depot and a ton of running around to every lumber place in town to find just the right boards to build the shelf and support it. Love it!

Of course, I loved the colors of the dining room so much I decided an overall house re-haul was in order. So my new thing is changing my colors witht he seasons...reds and yellows for fall and winter, cool blues and greens for spring and summer. I am loving this idea!



New crown gracing the hallway and up above the front door.


Another picture of the front door. We also put crown above the casing between the dining room and the living room. It was too hard to crown that entire room, but we wanted a little something special in there also. I love the way it turned out.

2 comments:

Ali said...

It all looks so beautiful. Bryce does an amazing shop with his woodworking skills and you finish it off perfectly with your decorating. It makes me feel like I should finally get around to my house, it's just not where I want to spend large amounts of money but 4 1/2 years later and still no curtains or new couches.

Kelly said...

It's always a pain to spend money on anything-but it was time for us as well. So happy with the dining room table and because Bryce can do all the work himself, really the house projects are the price of paint and lumber. So pretty cheap, thank goodness. We were thinking the time had come for new couches, but after changing my colors and updating the family room, they got new life and I am very happy to say I can live with them happily for several more years I think.