A few weeks ago we decided to have our carpets cleaned. So I made the appt. Then we were in Costco and saw a dining room table we really liked, for a Costco price we really liked and we decided we'd better purchase our FIRST dining room set. Yes, we had an little table we bought when we were first married, always intending to buy something 'real,' but never could find what we wanted. Thank you Costco. So, with a new dining table gracing our house, Bryce decided the time had come to just finish off the dining room with crown. Well, I wanted to paint the dining room and wasn't about to paint AFTER the crown, so I got to work. But the timing was a little off because by the time we coordinated getting our truck so we could get the crown pieces, with the carpet cleaning, it turned out I had exactly one morning to paint the dining room sans crown. This is a picture of what the dining room looked like the day I painted. Yes, the carpet cleaner came that day and I spent the entire morning moving and painting around furniture.
The other little piece of excitement came when the kids where running crazy and Colton got bumped from behind hard enough to propel him head first into a wall. Luckily it wasn't the corner of a wall, although it is hard for me to imagine how hard he must have hit the flat wall straight on the garner this whopper of an egg on his head. This picture was taken after it had gone down considerably.
Here is a finished picture of the dining room. A few new decorations, new curtains -love the brightness the white sheers bring into the room, and the new table!
Totally love this thing. It actually seats 8 (6 chairs and a bench) the leaf is stored underneath the table. Lovely because we seriously have no storage space for a leaf. This table is everything I have wanted for about 3 years. I didn't actually want a counter height table, but everything else is perfect and I really don't mind the counter height. Bryce actually prefers it and says it's comfortable for him. The only reason I don't prefer is higher chairs=longer fall to ground for little kids. But Colton won't be little forever so we're good.
Aaahhh, it's a thing of beauty to know I have a place to seat people for dinner/holidays/parties/etc. I love this table.
Just throwing this in for Bryce's mom. The 'S' in the picture was in Bryce's room growing up. Love how we are recycling it. I think it looks so cute, Bryce wasn't so sure, but I think he doesn't really mind.
5 comments:
I love that table. We actually almost bought it ourselves, but decided we need a bigger/more rectangular one for our dining room. Your house looks awesome!
Thanks Becca! Yeah, it does fit this tiny dining room perfectly.
You sure tackled a lot of projects in a short period of time! Everything looks great!!
Wow! I feel so lazy, good for you to be so driven. I've wanted to paint rooms in our house for four years now. The table looks great and I do love how the leaf is stored below. I also love the wall color and the S.
Beautiful! You have a great decorators eye. Our table is similar to yours. I just love your decorations though. :)
Post a Comment