Brody, on his first day of school. Actually what he is most excited about is the DS he received for his 8th bday the day before :)
Getting on to the bus. My kids LOVE riding the bus. We have about 15-20 kids at our stop and it can make for quite the social time. Even for the moms. We love Diana, their bus driver, she is amazing and so so sweet to the kids.
This is the kids on the morning of the second day of school (which was Kelsi's first day in PM Kindergarten). But with the weather being so gorgeous, we all escort Brody to the bus stop in the morning and meet him in the afternoon.
Here is Kelsi, having her lunch before going out to wait for the Kindergarten bus for her first day of school. So grown up, where has the time gone?!
Have to get the traditional, 'first day of school' picture in front of our house! Isn't she just too adorable?
I went to meet the bus at the school and I guess being away from me for :20 minutes was somewhat traumatic. She flew off the bus into my arms, "mommy!!!" and was so happy to see me.
Here are the Kindergartners lined up listening waiting to go into the classroom. At this point Kelsi was starting to feel just a little bit unsure...you can see it in her face. I know I am biased, but isn't she just so cute?!
Following our neighbor and her friend, Christine, into school. Still a little apprehensive. But having friends in class helps. Luckily she and Christine have been thick as thieves all summer (lives right across the street) and now both have PM Kindergarten. Also we have a good friend from church, Lily, in her class and sits at her table. They are getting to be good friends and I am so glad she has a lot of friends to play with!
Made it into the classroom, now she is learning where to hang up her coat and bag each day.
Sitting at her spot at the table. Lily sits on her left. Oh my goodness. I can't believe she is in Kindergarten. I am so proud of her and so pleased with the sweet, sweet girl she is becoming. She has really matured this last year and is now really acting like a big sister to Colton instead of fighting with him all of the time. She is ready for Kindergarten!
The kids get a little free time after checking in for class. Here she is, just sat herself down next to another little girl at the dollhouse and asked, "can I play with you?" So cute, so sweet, my heart is just a little achy having to let her go.
Brody and Kelsi running to Colton and I after the end of the school day! What a nice thing to see as a mom. I love these kids so much it hurts.
Here's Kelsi with our traditional, "welcome home from your first day of Kindergarten" balloon. Isn't this a cool dragonfly balloon? She couldn't stand not to see it fly away and, despite my pleadings with her, decided to let it go about :30 minutes later. Of course, the second it was up, she wanted it back. Gotta live and learn, Kels.
Okay, I just had to post this picture because I was so tickled with Kelsi. Here is her first piece of schoolwork sent home, check out the way she wrote her name. I thought that was so funny! Who knows how she thought of it or where she saw it written like that, but seriously folks? I started doing fancy curly-q's in the 8th grade! Not K. But it totally cracked me up and brought me back to when I used to do stuff like that. And a heart above her i? Is this girl a pre-teen in a 5 year old's body or what? She is always full of surprises and I just can't get enough of her!
2 comments:
So cute. I'm surprised to see Kelsi nervous like that and I love the way she spelled her name!
I love Kelsi's first day outfit, and the way she writes her name. So girly and cute. The mini-golf place is out off of Marvin. There was a big sign directing you in if you just follow Marvin out past the dump.
Post a Comment