Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Baxters Visit

A few days ago Jen brought up Meara and Conan so we could all spend the day playing together. It works out really well, Brody and Conan are 3 months apart in age and Meara and Kelsi are 2 months apart. Could we really have planned it any better?!

The day went off without a hitch. Usually Kelsi gets pretty possessive of all of her toys and that does not bode well for Meara. This time Meara brought a few of her own things and either that was the trick or Kelsi is growing up a little because I didn't notice any tears over toys this time. The girls even played really well together. As opposed to last time when Kelsi was so crabby I finally had to put her down for a nap and little Meara had to chase the boys around outside for her fun.

The boys played together well, as always. Brody introduced Conan into the glorious world of Mario video games-yes, I know how much that pleases you Jen! They played with toys, they played outside, they ate chicken nuggets and french fries, they even tortured their sisters a little. All in all, I'd say about the perfect day for the boys.

And with all of the kids playing so well together, what does that mean for the moms? Well, finally, for the first time (I think) we got to spend the day visiting with each other and not breaking up crying children. It was wonderful. Thanks Baxters! We'd love to have you over anytime.


3 comments:

J. Baxter said...

Love the pics! How is it I never even saw you take these? Meara was very excited to see her and Kelsi, too. And yes, we will definitely do this sooner rather than later!

Kelly said...

I took em while you were at the salon.

Laura said...

The pic of Meara and Kelsi look like blonde versions of you and Jen! So cute!! Sounds like you guys had a fun time! =)