Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Exercise

I feel so proud of myself on those days when I actually get up and dress in my workout attire. However, it's been a good solid 6 months since I have done physical exercise, so lately I've decided I need to get back into it.

But somehow, I just can't make myself get to it. I actually spend the first 4 waking hours sitting around in exercise clothes, thinking at some point I will get up and have a meaningful relationship with the woman pumping iron and sweating on my tv screen.

So far today, I made it through the warm up and first cycle. That's about :10 min total and then I found a ton of other interesting things to do.....balance the checkbook, change a poopy diaper, hang up a dress in Kelsi's closet, start and then CHANGE a load of laundry (just shows how long I've been procrastinating this morning).
This is what's on my tv....
This is where I am sitting.....


Does anyone else do this? Or am I the only one quite this pathetic? Well, my friend on tv is done exercising and so am I. Time to hit the showers.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute pics of Kelsi...and yes, my computer is close to the workout area of our home and I tell myself that I'm going to check my email before I run....

Sassyfrass said...

Umm...if workout lady was asking me to do what she's doing in your pictures, I'd probably be in front of my computer too.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with Cadence! I've actually been thinking about this over the last week. About twice a week I'll set my alarm...I awake feeling fully rested but the bed just feels too good and I decide to stay in bed until it's too late to start anything. So yesterday I thought about training for an easy 5k or something...but I have a commitment problem and I don't see it happening unless someone else is dragging me along.

J. Baxter said...

At least you put the clothes on, and inserted the workout. I'm not even doing that anymore. I mean, I was, but at some point I just dropped the whole facade. But I WANT to, really - I just don't want to. Maybe if I could go to a gym? But we're going hiking this summer, so now I HAVE to, but can't find the motivation.

Too bad we aren't neighbors. Just think of all the working out together we've done in our 30+ years! Surely we could motivate each other, right?

Becky said...

The hardest part of working out for me is putting on my shoes. I'm glad to know that we are soooo much alike in this department. Who ever thought that laundry would be so important and fun on those days.

Brandon and Becca said...

I once took a nap while the workout tape played. It finished up about when I woke up and I figured that was enough for one day. I'm glad I'm not the only unmotivated one.

Kristin said...

You slacker! Just kidding, isn't it true as a man thinketh, so is he? That must apply to exercise too? A good try, really.

Emily said...

That lady is ripped! Way too intimidating for me.