Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Parties

As if my December wasn't busy enough with hosting Elders Quorum party, Brody's PATS project, a sweet cookie exchange given by my friend, Lauren, I decided to add to the chaos by throwing each of the older kids a Christmas party with their friends. It just seemed like such a fun idea to have a party after they got out of school for Christmas I couldn't hold back. Brody had about 8 friends over to play games (musical unwrap the present, candy relay, bobbing for doughnuts, and a white elephant exchange). Here are the boys devouring the food.
I had Santa come to each othe kids' parties and was that a HIT with all of the kids. The little girls at Kelsi's party were beside themselves with trying to crawl in Santa's lap. Here is a picture of Kelsi with Santa. At Kelsi's party the little girls also played musical unwrap the present, candy relay, and then I had read to them the Gingerbread Girl book while they did a book exchange. Very good times.



Back to Brody's party, here are the boys playing the doughnut bobbing game. (Yes, thanks Ali for some game ideas from your kids' Halloween parties).




Brody with Santa. Although the boys didn't want to sit on Santa's lap I was pretty surprised when all of them did want to have their picture taken with him. Glad to know 8 isn't too old to still believe in Santa!



All in all, a great day, but boy am I ready to do nothing but relax and wait for this weekend to come. Bryce is off starting tomorrow and is off all of next week and even into January. So vacation and Christmas-here I come!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Busy busy busy. Your kids will always remember their Christmas party though. We had so much fun with our Halloween ones I thought I would have to make them a tradition, but maybe like a tradition every three years or so. ;)

Kelly said...

I hear ya. So fun, but there's no way I'll be doing that every year. A neighbor said maybe next year she'd throw a party. That's a good idea, spread it around! But, yes, I hope they always remember and we probably will get another party in there sometime.