Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December is busy

This year seems like it has been the busiest/funnest December ever. To start, the first weekend in December is always the Victorian Christmas Bazaar at the Puyallup fairgrounds. This is a huge tradition for my mom, sister, aunt and I. We have gone every year for about 15 years. Maybe more for my mom and aunt. It is a full day of crafts, buying gifts, and treats. I love that day.

Then this year Bryce and I hosted our ward's annual Elders Quorum party. What a super fun party that is, my favorite of all our parties we attend. Such a fun crowd and we always have a white elephant gift exchange that can't be beat! Hosting this year was very fun, but in my quest to provide the most festive, comfortable, inviting, and fun atmosphere for the party I'll admit that I went out to buy food, table decorations, house decorations, and numerous other little 'touches' for the house probably more than I should have. Still the night was a hit and again, we had such a fun time.

Christmas isn't just happening at our house, but Colton also helped Grandma Linda bake cookies at her house. Linda told me how cute he was helping her roll the cookies in powdered sugar, until she started watching him closer. He was taking a bite out of each cookie before he rolled it! Well, what can I say? That's a pretty smart boy.


Colton sitting by daddy eating his dinner. Yes, you caught us. Even with our beautiful new dining table we still mostly sit around randomly for dinner. Tonight Colton decided he wanted to sit right by daddy and wouldn't go anywhere else. He is definitely displaying that 2 year old stubborness.




Another night with daddy. Colton just climbed up, snuggled down and fell asleep before we knew it. He sure loves his daddy. Unless he wants mommy, then he doesn't love anyone BUT mommy.



The kids love making 'beds' downstairs in front of the fireplace so they can watch Christmas specials at night. Thank you ABC Family channel for providing your wonderful 25 nights of Christmas specials. We love them.

0 comments: