Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Circus, Gatti style

I haven't been to the circus since I was a little kid.  So when Bryce and I saw that there was a circus coming to town, we jumped on it.  Originally our plan was to take both Brody and Kelsi, but Brody ended up staying at my parent's house all week, so lucky girl Kelsi got to go on a special date night with mom and dad by herself!


 Here are the motorcycles going around in the steel cage.  They got 3 of them in there at once!  Crazy! It was a pretty small scale circus.  Bryce and I had to laugh a little because as the show went on we noticed the circus performers playing dual roles.  Ex: "La Nanita" from Brazil was also one of the "Gallaghers brother/sister team" with a different wig on.  The guy who took our tickets going into the circus?  Well he was one of the BMX riders/motorcycle riders.  One of the guys selling cotton candy up and down the aisles-another motorcycle rider.  And the Ringmaster/emcee of the whole shebang? The 3rd motorcycyle rider.  Pretty funny :)
 They gave elephant rides, it was fun to watch.  We didn't end up riding the elephant, but we did end up riding the...
 ponies!!  Kelsi loves horses.  The first time she ever rode a pony at a fair she was about 2 years old.  Boy she looked tiny on it!  Now look at her, she looks like a big girl, oh they grow up so fast!
 The elephants were the grand finale and they were certainly fun to watch and worth waiting for.
Overall, a very fun time at the circus.  We had a wonderful night with Kelsi.

1 comments:

Ali said...

How fun! That is very small scale and much much different than what you think you're getting from the website. I guess the bonus is everyone gets a great seat.