We love the fair, well at least I do and I am doing my best to pass that on to my kids. I grew up going to the Grays Harbor County Fair, but I swear everyone always just called it the 'Elma Fair.' Today I got confirmation of that as a neighbor and I talked about fairs. She grew up in Cosmopolis (near the coast) and she exclaimed that her family always went to the Elma fair and how it was so great! See...confirmation.


Now my kids still get to go to the Elma fair, Brody has been several times and tomorrow when my parents take the kids it will be Kelsi's 2nd time. I love knowing that they are enjoying the same fair I grew up with, it's a great one. But now we live in Thurston County and it's time to begin a new tradition of loyalty (not stopping the old one of course) and last week was our fair.
I packed the kids up Wednesday for the first day of the fair. They have a great deal, 5 and under are free and anyone else gets in for $1 if you bring a can of food for the food bank. So, after getting the best parking
spot on the nearest side road I walked my crew up to the entrance and got in for a whopping $1. Alright, feeling pretty good here. Also, all of the rides are only $1 and there are several food stands that lower their prices to $1 also. We are gonna have a blast.
First stop, rides. The kids are so excited. We went on the cars, the motorcycles, and Brody went on some big swinging seat-thing. Then we moved over to the games, each kid 'picked a duck' and got a small stuffed animal and Brody tried his luck throwing balls into glass jars. He got really close a few times! Good aim, bud.
spot on the nearest side road I walked my crew up to the entrance and got in for a whopping $1. Alright, feeling pretty good here. Also, all of the rides are only $1 and there are several food stands that lower their prices to $1 also. We are gonna have a blast.Next we went to the food court for $1 corndogs, yummy! We saw some of our friends from church there and went with them onto the animal barns. The kids s
aw goats, cows, horses, pigs, and sheep and we watched a horse riding event. Then ice cream cones and time to go home.
aw goats, cows, horses, pigs, and sheep and we watched a horse riding event. Then ice cream cones and time to go home.Hmm, looking at it like that, it doesn't sound like much, but that took us almost 3 hours to complete! Here are a few pictures of the day.

3 comments:
Hope you are recovered from basketball...good for you! I'd love to find a team sport that I am good at.
Love the fair! We are headed to the Hartford Fair on Friday! I'm excited! I cannot wait to get my fill of deep-fried fair food! :)
Meara did the pick-a-duck thing. She loved it too, until we gave her the toy and told her to stop turning over all the ducks. She was way more interested in the water, although she packed that stuffed dolphin around the rest of the day!
I didn't see those cute little cars when we were there! WHY didn't we coordinate to all show up at the same time? We need a playdate.
Post a Comment