Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Too Long

I know it's been forever since I posted, but it seems life is just flowing along with not much to report on. So here are a few random pictures of what we've been up to. Above is the kids with their dad on Father's Day. Bryce made it really easy for me this year, all he requested was his favorite smoky, BBQ'd ribs. Not much work for me since he runs the grill around here! We also ended up buying him a new tv console...so my cheap Father's Day didn't end up so cheap after all. But I have to say, he was totally right, although the old console was fine, this new one looks fantastic! Happy Father's Day sweetie.

Here's my sweet Kelsi, making a picnic for us with every cup and plate in the house. She was so proud of her efforts and even put the flowers next to it to make it look pretty. I couldn't resist my little homemaker-in-the-making and asked her to pose for a picture. She was only too happy to oblige.


Another of Kelsi. I just can't get over how girl-y this girl is. I can't believe there was a time I was worried she'd be too much of a tomboy! I had fixed her hair with the little buns, but she wrapped these stretchy bracelets she's got around them (notice the coordinating colors to her outfit) then added her princess crown. Really it was too cute for words.



The kids were watching Handy Manny on Playhouse Disney and Kelsi asked for me to put a pen behind her ear...just like Manny! I thought this was pretty funny, so took a picture.

An updated belly picture of me. This was around 23 weeks (I am 25 now and I swear am so much bigger already so I guess I'll have to post another pic soon). Things are definitely moving right along with the pregnancy. Over the morning sickness, but into all the lower back pain. I forgot how hard it can be on your body. However, to compensate I have been watching home videos of the kids as babies and totally remember how every pain and inconvenience of pregnancy, delivery, and recovery is completely and totally worth it to be able to hold another of our babies and see those tiny hands and toes and kiss those sweet cheeks and be given precious smile after smile. It's so exciting to think of and makes me anxious to meet this little guy!

3 comments:

J. Baxter said...

So, I just want you to know that I know at least three women (two of which are on their first child) who were significantly bigger than you at 23 weeks. To me it looks like you've only just popped out of the irritating I'm-not-fat-I'm-pregnant phase! Good work.

And Kelsey's matchy-matchy hair thingies were a serious "Kelly" moment. I don't think Meara would ever have thought of that!

Kelly said...

I know, it's too funny. She's constantly cracking me up. Thank goodness, my only girl, at least we'll be two peas in a pod!

Denys said...

Hey Kelly, I did think maybe I should've left an e-mail address, so I checked back and saw your comment. mine is: denys.gallent@yahoo.com
Send me yours and I'll send you an invite to my blog (it's private still, but why, I'm not so sure anymore).