Thursday, September 10, 2009

Brody's first day of Kindergarten

Boy was this an exciting day for all of us! Brody was looking forward to riding the bus and going to school. He told me earlier today that he was a little nervous and scared to go, but as the time grew closer it changed mostly into excitement and he was on our street corner, backpack on, :20 minutes before the bus arrived :)


I couldn't let him navigate the first day of school without me...so I met the bus at the school to take more pictures and watch him go to his classroom. I didn't cry, but honestly I couldn't really think about it too much or I think I would have. Thank goodness for only half a day Kindergarten because that's an easier transition for us moms.




After school we met him at the bus with some balloons, which he loved. The first thing he did when he came in the door was look for a snack and show me his homework for the night! Wow, see not only was this his first day of school, but it was my first day as a school-mom and all of the sudden I am realizing I'd better have after school snacks ready and rules about homework. Who would have thought? It all changes so quickly.

Brody said his favorite part of the day was "all of it!" But he especially loved the bus ride...when I met him at the school the first thing he said when he got off of the bus was "that was the best ride of my life!" He loved his teacher and thought she was so nice. He made a new friend named Max. He loved recess and snack and art. I just asked him what else he liked and really the only thing he can say is "I liked EVERYTHING!" As he ate his snack he told me he wants to go to school for the rest of his life. I guess Kindergarten was a huge hit.

6 comments:

Brandon and Becca said...

That is so fun. I'm glad Brody loved school. Hopefully that attitude keeps up when he realizes what homework really is.

Stephanie said...

Great to see he loved school! Time flies, huh? Happy belated birthday to Brody! It was fun to see the family picture. You still look amazing even though you may feel like an invalid. :)

Becky said...

It's so awesome when they love going to school! And the bus ride always seems to be the best part. Except for maybe snacks at school.

Ali said...

He's so cute! You'll have to remind him in his later years he wants to go to school his entire life...although my sister is kind of tired that her husband seems to be going to school for their entire life. :)

Kristin said...

Ah cute! It is a pretty crazy transition for us moms. I'm working through it :) I'm just afraid my kids are going to love their teacher more than me!

Kendra said...

He is so cute, I'm so glad he had a great time! I can't believe how old our kids are getting, and Kelsi looks adorable holding those balloons! It sounds like you've already got the "school mom" thing down!