Sunday, September 13, 2009

This is one tired mama...

So tired of being pregnant. Here is a picture of me at 35-36 weeks so we are getting there! However, it's always these last few weeks that seem to drag on forever. I don't know about you all out there, but I always have a few little reminders that I am getting close. For instance,

1. You can always count on Braxton-Hicks contractions. For me they start about 37 weeks, so sometime this week coming up I'll start enjoying those little babies.

2. I always start looking around for the baby. When preggo with Brody I actually had a fast, semi-anxiety attack as all of the sudden I freaked out when I couldn't remember WHERE I had left the baby...duh. Hadn't even had him yet. Same thing happened with Kelsi. And for the first time last week, with this baby. Always a sign for me that it is more natural for the kid to be out rather than in at this point!

3. My poor family begins to suffer mal-nutrition because I have no desire to cook or eat. My back aches, I can't stand by the evening time and tonight the kids had bananas, cheese and crackers, and half a sandwich each for dinner. I don't even know what Bryce ate and I had cold cereal. I had great plans for the chicken I thawed this afternoon, but it got sent to the fridge and hopefully I'll get around to it tomorrow.

4. I start freaking out a little about actually going into labor and having the baby. I know, I know, I've done this twice already. What's the big deal? I couldn't tell ya, but I do know I am still freaked out about the whole thing. Gosh darn it! I've got to push this kid out! Scary.

I am now down to my once-a-week appts with my OBGYN. That's thrilling. Each appt you hope for some sign that the kid is eagerly working on coming early-you know. Let's hear about some dialating, effacing, and all of that fun jazz. That's a lot of info you all might NOT want to know. However, if anything exciting happens, I'll try to keep you posted. For now though, the doc says nothing exciting is happening. But every Thursday (my appt days) brings new hope! Then again I've never been one of those ladies who's baby sits perched on the edge of popping into the world with :10 min of labor and 2 pushes. Still it's encouraging to know somethings happening down there. I know you're all holding your breath :)

7 comments:

Brandon and Becca said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. Good luck with the last few weeks.

Stephanie said...

You are so funny. Hang in there. I know what you mean about the scary feeling though, I experienced it with all mine just before delivery. I remember thinking "my hips are actually breaking right now". My midwife just gave me some good advice that I always focused on...basically the pain was a good thing, try to embrace it and that it was creating progess in labor and baby would be in my arms soon. It really helped me. Good luck and I will be looking forward to baby pictures soon!! :)

Kelly said...

Thanks Steph, that really is about the only thing that gets you through it, isn't it? The thought that soon you will be able to finally hold that baby in your arms! I know I am glad (but freaked) when labor starts because it's finally the beginning of the end!

Denys said...

LOL! I am so with you on no desire to cook or eat. Actually, I am just craving junk food, kind of. I caved on my no soda in the house rule and bought a 4 pack of Jones soda and we also went to ColdStone the same afternoon!
I had my last "weekly appt" today and all of a sudden I was feeling so nervous for my c-section next Wed. Aagh! 8 days left! I have had high hopes of early delivery too, but today at 38 week appt, I am 1/2 cm dialated. whatever.... so, I don't think anything will happen early, even though the Braxton-Hicks have been nonstop and getting more painful each day for the last month. Each night when I wake up and turn on my other side, I am thinking "no fun", but by morning I'm thinking...it's not so bad...aaaaaaghhhhh...Am I ready?

Allisha said...

I know it's been 7 months already but I still remember those feelings like it was yesterday. Good luck!! It truly is miserable at the end so you must be getting close.

Kendra said...

Sorry you're so uncomfortable, Sis, good thing they're worth it! And you're kids are so cute, I can't wait to see what this little boy looks like! Lova ya!

Ali said...

Okay, this didn't make me want to be pregnant again. I wonder if Kyle would be okay with adopting. ;)