Monday, September 28, 2009

Here he comes?

This baby is confusing me. Last night I felt 'weird' and then started having contractions. Sporadic? Yes. Some strong, some extremely light? Yes. Starting then stopping with movement? Yes. I know. That all equals false labor. False labor stinks.

I couldn't decide if it was actually happening or not. I called my mom to be on alert. I talked to my sisters. I rehashed Bryce's weekly schedule with him-yet again. I packed my hospital bag and set out the baby's car seat, diaper bag, and blanket in the middle of his room-where Bryce couldn't miss it if it came to a frantic mid-night rush to the hospital.

Then I layed down and fell asleep. At 1:30 this morning I woke up to a true, hard, 45 second long contraction and thought, "this is it." Then NOTHING! This scenario never happened with my other kids. Brody's labor was like text book. The contractions started-no mistaking them, then gradually got closer and closer together and harder and harder. Just like the book said. With Kelsi I woke up early in the morning having unmistakable contractions, they continued slow and steady for the next 6 hours then completely stopped. Now that was confusing to me. 4 hours later I walked and walked around my neighborhood, hoping to jump start labor again. It worked and an hour later I was in full-blown labor. Got to the hospital dialated to an 8 and had her 2 hours later.

But this kid? I am currently doing laundry, fixing breakfast, and running up and down the stairs for whatever excuses I can find. I have promised my kids a trip to Target-anything to get this labor going again (if it will). So if you see me circling my neighborhood later-you'll know how desperate I am.

1 comments:

annie valentine said...

Hello, my birthday is an entire week away! I'm in no rush...