1st grade already! Full day school, lunches, 3 recesses, desks instead of tables, sitting in the middle of the school bus. Oh the thrills of first grade just keep coming. Brody had a very successful first day of school today. He loved it. Everything about it. Here are a few pictures:
Getting ready to catch the bus this morning. Totally new for him. Last year he had PM Kindergarten and rode the K bus to school, not the morning bus with all of the big kids. But this year he is ready to go! The bus comes around 8:30am. He was up at 7am and got dressed and totally ready for school in less than :10min. I kept telling him to chill, there was a lot of time left, but he was too excited.
Here Bro is with Kelsi and Colton (who is just SO happy). I love getting pictures of the kids together on the first day of school. I think they'll always look back at this one and tease Colton about it :)
Here comes the 1st grade warrior. I couldn't wait to hear how his day went. He had only positive things to say and was thoroughly impressed with hot school lunches and has vowed to buy his lunch at school every day from now on! BBQ chicken leg with wheat roll, here we come.
My big school kid, enjoying his after-school snack before going outside to play and play and play until it was dark and he was so completely tired he came inside, flopped on the couch, and promptly started bawling. I guess he is still my little boy and it was one busy, exciting, long day. It is bedtime!
2 comments:
Cute pictures!!! I can't believe how fast kids grow up, Brody seemed so little when we moved into the ward a few years ago and now he's starting 1st grade. How exciting for him, and you!!
So glad he loved it. He looks so cool about it in the morning. Ashlyn was worn out as well.
Post a Comment