We finally decided the time had come to get a pet for our family. Since it seemed so much easier to start with a kitten over a puppy, that's what we got! We went down to the shelter and picked out this sweetest, sweetie pie. She is such a good natured kitty, so easy going and playful. She actually minds too. Didn't know that was possible.
We watched her in the cage with her other siblings and she was definitely the most quiet and sedate. That's why I picked her. No crazy, curtain-climbing cats for me, thank you! We named her Bristol. Yes, I know, it has nothing to do with the Palin crew, but just liked the name. We've had a few cracks made over the name though. I think the best we got was the cashier at the pet store said, "I hope she doesn't end up pregnant!" Which I thought was hysterical.
Oh, this girl. She is such a poser, loves the camera, and drags this kitten around incessantly. Bristol is quite tolerant of her, but when enough is enough, she runs under the couch and stays there. No coaxing, even from yours truly, gets her out. Seriously, I don't blame her.
Truth be told, when we first got the kitty, neither one of our kids really wanted to hold it. They certainly didn't know how to pick it up and would just kind of dance around it with their hands held out, but never actually get it. Finally I taught them how to put a hand under the bottom end and another under the chest area. They didn't know what to think about touching the cat's "privates." So we always make sure kitty's tail is tucked under. Remember modest is hottest.
5 comments:
What a cute little kitten!! They're always so adorable when they're so small and have all of that soft kitten fur!! I'm sure your kids will love having a pet to pester :)
Colton's mohawk is adorable!!
I love your modesty with the kitten. Bristol really is cute and I'm so jealous you have a girl with a pink collar (I've thought about putting Buddy in pink). What nice parents you are to give your kids a pet.
cuuuuute! your kiddos are adorable, and so is the new kitty. All of you.. AdOrAbLe!
I love the posing! And my kids would be so jealous of your little kitty. They beg and beg for a pet, but it's not happening any time soon :( And I can't get over how much Colton looks like Brody in that picture!
Fun! When my kids want a pet, we'll just come visit you for an hour or so. :)
Post a Comment