Today as I was sitting outside on the back patio reading, sunning, and just enjoying life a big gust of wind came up and I could hear somewhere in the distance wind chimes. What is it about wind chimes? I love the sound, it is such a homey, comforting sound. My grandma "Baumie" 's house always had them and anytime I hear a wind chime on a warm summer day I am immediately transported to her farmhouse's front lawn. My brother and sisters and I running through the grass down to the barn to play, or rolling down the hills and scrambling back up again, tractor rides, walks to the creek, and then inside for a peek on Baumie's counter where she always kept a tupperware of baked goodies. Those were good times folks.
Now my parents live in that same farmhouse (being vacated by my grandparents a few years ago) and my kids are running through the grass, getting 'papa' to give them tractor rides, hiking the hills looking for blackberries, and although my mom is way too much of a health nut to have a constant stream of baked goodies on the counter she is always good for some protein bar that tastes like a candy bar! :) I guess she needs to get herself a set of wind chimes though.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Ahhh Memoires
Posted by Kelly at 9:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment