Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer days

Ahh, the summer days have officially come to western Washington. Now, how long will they actually last? Who knows, but all I know is that for the first time in over a year we have had more than 1 week of consecutive sunshine and hot air blowing around us and it is WONDERFUL!! I have plenty of new freckles on my now beautifully bronzed face (yet all I can keep thinking about is how that will all turn to wrinkles in 10 years or less! A thought I never had 10 years ago), and nice color on every part of my body I feel comfortable exposing as I parade around in my backyard.

It is a neccessity to have tan legs during the summer, mainly for going to church. Yes, it seems our building never has the AC running and you have three choices; blast your fellow worshippers with your white, veiny legs, wear nylons and sweat yourself out while feeling like an encased sausage in a steam bath, or get tanned legs. Last year I opted for a mixture of one and two, but this year I am so glad to see that a beautiful color has made it so I can proudly bare my legs at church!

So, I know I have been totally remiss in posting, please forgive me as I have been doing nothing more than sitting around outside while watching my kids and working my way through the Anne of Green Gables series for about the 50th time. Here I go on Anne of Windy Poplars, which I used to just skip because it was so boring after all the Anne of the Island romance and action, but I have actually learned to enjoy it. Although I do still consider it my least favorite of all. In other news, we finally are about finished with all the touches on the dining room and I'll post a picture when we are!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Kelly, I love you. Not only do I agree with you 100% about the importance of tan legs, if only for church, but you said the magic words. The keys to my heart. "Anne of Green Gables." A few months ago, I dressed Reagan in a new onesie that had cute, puffy little cap sleeves. Tom pointed out that they looked a little like "Anne of Green Gable" sleeves. I was sooo proud of him for knowing what "Anne" sleeves were!