Sunday, August 16, 2009

Family is worth it

Nothing is more fun than having cousins around to play with and we were so thrilled to have Aunt Kendra and her 4 kids roll into to town last week (all the way from Idaho!). They got here on Saturday so the kids and I trekked on down to my mom and dad's to visit...and visit....and visit. You will see.
Here are Kamrin, Brody, Savannah, Kelsi, and Jillian roasting hot dogs around the fire pit.

The kids love picking apples off of Grandma and Grandpa's apple trees. These same trees are also now favorites for climbing! Didn't get any pictures of that though.

The kids playing in the yard. I cannot believe how much use this little play yard got this last week. We are always so worried little Tyler (16 mos old) will fall out of it, but surprsisingly enough it was Kelsi that went head first over one of the edges and landed straight on her forehead. I am so glad I didn't see that happen! I would have freaked.

We went down Sunday to go to church with everyone and spend the afternoon. Here's a picture of the kids with Grandpa in his office. I couldn't resist, they were all dressed so nicely. What in the heck is Kelsi doing? She just cracks me up.
On Monday the kids and I packed our suitcases and drove back down to spend Monday, Monday night, and Tuesday down at my parent's. We had a great time and only one little thing put a kink in our plans...the FLU. Yes, that's right. Saturday, Whit got it, Sunday Mom got it, Monday Jeremy and Kelsi got it, Tuesday-no one! And we thought maybe we were in the clear, but Wednesday Brody woke up with it, Wednesday night Tyler got it, Thursday night both Bryce and I had it. And that was enough! Even though it was really rough, it was worth it to get to spend all of that time together with my sisters and their families and my parents.
We can't wait until we see you again at Christmas Nelsons!



3 comments:

Ali said...

Seriously that's your dad? You are going to look young forever lucky girl!!!

Playing with cousins is the best. Sorry you got hit with the flu.

Kristin said...

I bet your parents were in heaven with all of you here!

Emily said...

Love your sassy attitude Kelsi! What a great time with your cousins. Even the flu is probably more fun when you're surrounded by family :)