Saturday, August 29, 2009

Kelsi's fun date

Kelsi filled her bean jar and so on Saturday we went on her special "date." Brody came too and we had the funnest time bowling and going for pizza!

At the bowling alley. Our first time ever, the kids were very excited! Don't they look thrilled in this picture? :)

Kelsi would have nothing to do with the kids' size 6 lb ball (which was a navy blue). Instead she went right over to the rack and snagged herself this hot pink 8 lb. baby and HAD to use it every single time.

She got her ball up to a whopping 3 miles per hour! Go Kels. She loved bowling and after awhile would lay down on her stomach as she watched her bowl roll down the aisle. Very funny.


Brody got into the swing of things right away. After 4 frames he even asked for the bumpers to go down-that didn't work so well as he has his dad's handicap of throwing it too far to the left...so the bumpers had to go back up. But he did awesome and I can see we will have to go bowling more often.

Afterwards, we went to Dirty Dave's for pizza. The kids had a great time enjoying the arcade games and stuff, but we weren't huge fans of the pizza. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing, but whatever, we still had a great time.

1 comments:

Ali said...

First off - Love Kelsi's bat(girl) shirt!!!
I love bowling with the family. Good reminder I need to take the kids again. I especially love playing with the kids because I get to use the bumpers too!