Okay, a quick update of our last couple of days.
Saturday: I played with our stake women's basketball team. It was so fun! We've been practicing for a few months every Saturday morning and I am so glad I got on the team. We had a super group of women and I have to say they really impressed me with their abilities! I was pretty proud of how I did, especially the first half before total fatigue took over :)
I canned the first 6 of our 8 points in the opening minutes, all with far outside shots that made me feel like I was in high school again. Who says you have to lose it? Later I had a great drive to score. After that it was pretty much just trying to keep running and play D. I was totally pooped! We ended up losing by 1 basket due to them applying a press we didn't break soon enough. Too bad, I really thought we were going to win, being up about 12 at one point in the last half. All in all, a really fun day and a GREAT workout!
Sunday: Spent all day with a sick Colton. Yes, he's got croup. Lovely. Brody and Kelsi never got anything like that, so this was our first experience with it. Not fun. Even more not fun when I took him into the ER late Sunday night, early Monday morning. After listening to his breathing get more and more wheezy and labored, by 4am I took him to the ER. They gave him 2 breathing treatments and an oral steroid to help with inflammation and sent us home around 7am.
Monday: Walked in the door to take over kid duty so Bryce could go to work (with 1 hour of sleep beneath my belt). Somehow made it through the day with no nap, even though Bryce came home around lunch to help me out. Took Colton to see his dr in the afternoon and he said it should be all uphill from here. He was right. Colton is doing SO much better last night and this morning. Thank goodness for all the wonderful medical things they can do now days!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
ER, croup, and all the fun we've been having
Posted by Kelly at 9:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Not a good day. I hope you can catch up on your sleep. Let me know if you need any help.
You did awesome on Saturday. It was fun to watch even though I didn't know who to cheer for.
That last comment made me laugh! I know you had tons of friends on both teams. Just root for all of us. Now that Lacey is moving on, I know I am totally rooting for them to kick some serious rear-end :)
Thanks for the offer, too!
So glad to hear that Colton is doing good! I was really worried about him! I will call ya tomorrow
Aaahhh rats!!! The croup. Nat has gotten the croup every year since she was born. It is so scary hearing your babe try to get some air. We've gotten our money's worth out of our humidifier. Try some Vicks baby rub. It stinks, but it'll help there little nose open up. I have some if you want to borrow it. Congrats on the solid D!! And 6 points out of 8??!!! You go girl!
Post a Comment