You never know when danger will strike your kids. Who would have thought it would have come in the innocent form of a superman bouncer ball. The other day we were at a friend's house and Kelsi was bouncing on those huge balls (you know with the handles?) and all of the sudden we heard a huge *THUD* and I knew someone's kid had hit a wall-hard!
Yes, it turned out to be Kelsi. She got off balance and bounced and it threw her off backward right into the sharp corner of the wall at close range. Whoa. I've never had a kid with a split head before. It took me a second to get calm and realize I had to take control (since Bryce is the one in our family with the level head when it comes to blood on the kids and he wasn't there). So I got a towel to stop the bleeding and the other moms helped me load up my kids and I called Bryce to tell him to meet us at the ER.
Luckily it turned out to be our lucky day and although it looked totally stitch-worthy, it was only a slight surface cut through the first layer of skin (apparently we have 3 layers of skin and this would have only required a butterfly tape job, but they couldn't because of her hair) and all they had to do was clean it and put some antibiotic cream on it and send us home with instructions to do the same.
Wow! Talk about dodging a bullet. I thought for sure we were headed for stitches and even though I didn't say that to Kels, she pretty much could figure that one out on her own, after seeing all of the blood and let's just say the ride to the hospital was a little on the hysterical side.
Later on Bryce took this picture of her head. Kinda gruesome looking, isn't it?
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
More ER *WARNING* graphic!
Posted by Kelly at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Shivers up my spine. Poor Kelsi. I hope you had good insurance. I would be thinking "if I have to pay for this ER visit then we better need stitches." :)
Even though we do have good insurance, I still hate ER bills! There are always random bills from random doctors for procedures you didn't even realize they were charging you for. Two ER visits in a row. Ouch.
Kinda gross! Good job Kels for being so brave :)
Post a Comment