Sunday, May 8, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

Here are a few pictures of the things we've been up to recently:

I am so grateful we put in this swingset last summer. Best decision ever! The kids can be found here almost constantly, rain or shine. Shine is best though.

The first graders at Brody's school went on a fun field trip to Pioneer Farms. It's an old-time farm where kids basically step back into the 1800's and see what life was like. Brody milking a cow. Pretty cool, huh? He LOVED it and wants our family to go back. I think I would be up for that. Give me a hot sunny day sometime this summer and we are there.



Just wanted to take a picture of Brody on his way to school one morning this last week. He is changing so much and looking so much older. I just think he is a darling and am so proud of him.


Speaking of being proud of your kids...isn't this flower bouquet Kelsi made for me exquisite? She thought of this all on her own. Cut out the flowers, painted them, got pipe cleaners and put them through the flowers for centers and stems and put it together. I was super duper impressed by her ingenuity. She is really artsy like that. I know she doesn't get it from me.


I was so impressed by her thoughtful gesture, I wanted her to take a picture of me holding them. Well, my 5 year old may be artsy, but she needs help with her photography. No matter how I told her to stand still and wait for the picture to take completely she didn't. She'd push the button and run over to me with the camera to show me. Every picture was blurry because she moved and most didn't even have me in them. This was one of the best.


It was still totally sweet though :)


0 comments: