Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

1 3/4 c flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 c. cocoa

1/2 c. shortening

1 c sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 c milk

18 marshmallows, cut in half



Cream shortening, sugar, and egg. Add wet and dry ingredients alternately. Drop form teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Bake 6 min at 350. Remove from oven, press 1/2 marshmallow cut side down on each cookie. bake an additional 2 min. Frost with chocolate frosting when cooled.



Chocolate Frosting:

6 T butter

1 tsp vanilla

4 1/2 T milk

3 c powdered sugar

3 T cocoa



Melt butter. Add cocoa and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients; beat well.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Did you really just type all those up? Crazy!!!

Kelly said...

Totally crazy! But I thought people may want to make some of the yummy cookies.

Denys said...

Kelly - I know you posted these forever ago, but I've been meaning to try them! I'm finally getting around to it. I'm printing off all your recipes. Thank you for posting them! Can't wait to try them all :)