


When I was a kid we had the best 4th of July tradition. Our family would always get together with my mom's siblings and their kids at my Aunt and Uncle's house right on Black Lake. It doesn't get much better than a full day of swimming, boating, running, playing, eating and watching crazy fireworks with all of your cousins.My Aunt and Uncle still carry on that tradition, but somehow, it just isn't quite the same with the second generation. Is it because none of us waterski? Is it because all of our kids are too little yet to jump in the lake and go out on the boat without much adult supervision? I am just not sure, but for whatever reason, as much as we still enjoy those times when we hit the Lake on the 4th, it's not the same as when I remember as a kid.
This year my parents took off to eastern Idaho to visit my sister and her family for the 4th. That left us floundering a little bit. Do we go out to the Lake? Without my mom and dad there, it's just not as fun for me or the kids. Or do we stay in our neighborhood and see what the 2nd annual Glenmore party looked like?
Well we ended up spending most of the day with Grandma Linda. She did a great spread at her house and we spent several hours playing in her backyard. Then we came back to our house and enjoyed the air conditioning (well I did) and hung around until it was time to set off our fireworks. Bryce got some good "kid" fireworks and sparklers and stuff and the kids enjoyed every minute of it. Hope you all had a great 4th as well!

3 comments:
Sounds perfect to me. Nice and relaxed it always great!
yes, I agree. Sounds perfect. Nothing better than having your family around (w/AC) and getting to enjoy your kids enjoyment. :)
I love your kids' cute, excited faces! And the one of them in their visors and Kelsi in her piggie-tails, I swear that's like a Gap ad or something. Your kids are so adorable!
Post a Comment