107 degree weather. 2 excited kids. 1 pregnant, hot mama. $30 for fun. How will this story end? Seriously I thought I was pretty insane to be taking my kids to the fair today. However, I am learning you can't casually mention something to a 5 year old without following through on it. They don't forget anymore. So yesterday I told Brody we'd go to the fair today (without thinking about how hot it would be and without realizing that today Bryce would be in Portland AGAIN!! and unable to go with us) and after making a statement like that you are tied.
But to the fair we headed this morning. I really expected us to last about 1/2 an hour. We somehow killed 2 full hours there! Here are a few of the highlights caught on camera:
The kids on The Flying Dragon.
They both loved it and had a great time.
Next on to the airplanes. The ride actually moved so fast I couldn't get a good picture!
These really are my kids with this total stranger. Because I am pregnant they wouldn't let me on any rides...not even to hold on to Kelsi. I didn't think it would be a big deal until I went to put her on the horse and realized they didn't even have the seatbelts on these horses. So I quickly recruited this girl to stand by them. So sweet that she did!
Here they are-check out those hot, red cheeks! We walked through every animal barn. These are the lllamas.
5 comments:
You held up well. Way to go!
I thought we made it through alright but the rest of the day I was wiped out, even in the AC.
Your kids look like our kids did at the fair...very red cheeked. We too learned that you can't casually mention going to the fair and then try to take it back based on it being too hot. Kids don't care.
It looks like you are having a fun summer!
Way to go, SuperMommy!
Looks like you had a great time. Our OH state fair is going on now, but it's so huge, we usually go to a different fair where the kids can see some animals and eat some junk. I hope you are having a great pregnancy!!
Post a Comment