Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm melting....but

I will never complain about hot weather. Especially now that we have AC in our house. But it is so few and far between times here that we get scorching weather that you just have to buckle down and enjoy it. A great excuse for eating out, not cleaning your house, lounging around at any water source, and just in general giving yourself a couple of days off with no guilt! Who can complain about that?

We have always had pools for the kids. That is our favorite choice for cooling down on hot days. We have enjoyed the sprinkler also, but the pool is the best. Here is Brody in his first pool. I thought I had digital pictures of the kids in the other ones, but no luck so just know that we have progressed over the years, buying a new and bigger pool each year until this year. Now our kids (and us) are enjoying this beauty. Which for our backyard accomodations is HUGE!






Bryce gets in this thing and gets a whirlpool going with the kids splashing and floating crazily on their little innertubes. I don't do the splashing thing, but certainly enjoy dunking in the water every so often to keep myself cool. Then enjoy sitting in the shade of our patio set. Yes, we are definitely enjoying these hot days.



6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I wish we had a little more sun! We've been having quite a bit of rain lately, so no swimming here! Glad you are having a great time. Love your potty training post. :)

Ali said...

The one thing I miss. I gave up larger pools when Ashlyn was about two...I didn't want to share any longer with splashing kiddos. I just wanted to lay on my mat in it while the kids napped.
What they have now you can hardly call a pool but it's easy to empty and fill.

Kelly said...

Oh boy, that is the only thing about our pool. It is a hassle to empty, fill, and clean. We are doing it right now and do have a pretty good system as long as both Bryce and I can help. But still a pain.

Denys said...

Does this mean I get to eat out every day? Or am I supposed to be climatized to 107 degrees? A friend told me being pregnant adds at least 10 degrees and I think that sounds about right! Enjoy it! How is your grass holding up under the pool? Our didn't recover for a week after our first pool day, so we moved it to the cement pad.

Kelly said...

Oh, we learned that lessson our first summer...now it goes on an old comforter on the back patio so our grass can live on. :)

Whitney Seaberg said...

Your pool was fun! Thanks for having us up for the day to play in the pool and catch some sun rays :) I actually got a little burned, but luckily it turned to a nice tan.