Just have to say that I love the Harry Potter books. I wasn't one of the first fans. I really didn't even know what this Harry Potter stuff was until I saw the first movie on HBO the summer of 2002 when they played it constantly, although I do remember a certain roommate listening to it on tape in the car on the drive to Vegas (Ems :), but never got into it until years later. But when I did, I got hooked and started reading the series.
Faithfully have I seen and bought every movie and eagerly awaited the release of every book. Now, I have been waiting 2 years for the movie Harry Potter 6 to be released and planned on seeing it in the movie theater at first chance. I forewarned my husband that I fully intended for him to take me to see this movie, even though he is not interested in movies or in seeing any movie in the theaters. Seriously, we've been together for 7 years and the only movie we've seen in the theater together is Along Came Polly like 4 years ago. But tonight he let me drag him off to Harry Potter. :15 min after he walked in the door. So we could be there to get a seat. An hour before it even started. What a sweetie.
BUT....
Seriously?! That movie stunk. Don't worry I am not throwing any spoilers out here, but let's just say that unless you've read the book I don't even know how you'd get 90% of the movie and I understand those books are so long it's necessary to skimp on a few story lines and maybe even cut out some parts. But don't start cutting out major story lines and parts that need to be built on in the next movie! And especially don't start adding scenes that weren't even in the book!
Arrggggghhhh. Just have to vent! They totally butchered this movie! Gosh darn't though, they got $19 of my dollars tonight and I'll still spend the money to buy the DVD because I have the rest of them and can't break up my set. Also, I have to actually see the rest of the movie because I finally told Bryce I wanted to leave after 2 hours (but was probably still a good :40 until the end of the show). Hey my excuse was the baby was kicking a ton and making me uncomfortable. Which was true. But I never would have left if the movie hadn't been so lame.
Harry Potter fans, consider yourself warned.
Friday, July 17, 2009
A Harry Potter fan disappointed
Posted by Kelly at 10:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sorry it sucked! Maybe it'll be better once you buy it and are watching it at home on the comfort of your couch? Oh and Along Came Polly came out more than 4 years ago..I think we've owned it on DVD for almost 5 years (we bought it when we lived in the little house that was oct 2003-dec 2004) and we got it cheap on overstock.com so it would've had to be on DVD for at least a year? You probably saw it while you were dating...lol!!!
Good to know. Although I'm not sure there's a series out there more than three movies long that ever really turns out well.
But I'll let Kyle know and we'll....borrow your copy...and I'll save the nineteen bucks! ;)
Ali, you are more than welcome to borrow my DVD, I really wouldn't recommend to anyone they spend money at the theater on that movie.
Whit, you are right, we watched it the first year we were married or so, but I know for sure we never saw a movie when we dated! Weird, huh?
NOOOOoooooo!!!!! I am SO disappointed - especially since #6was about my favorite book. I've been worried about what they'd do to it since #5 came out with similar issues (can we say plot on fast forward?). Rusty - who is a major HP movie fan - is planning on taking me, and he hasn't read the book so maybe he won't notice??? Bummer. At least I won't go with high expectations and be overly disappointed.
Kelly...I am sorry you didn't like it. I LOVED it! I thought they did a good job capturing the theme of the book and I loved all the scenes with Harry and Ginny. They did add some stuff and left other stuff out, but I was captured from the first scene. We'll have to talk...
Post a Comment