Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One for the picture books




Well, I came across my digital camera this afternoon and loaded the pictures that had been on there for a few weeks onto my computer. Gosh, I had forgotten just how cute my little kiddos are. Yes, I still live with them. No, neither them or myself has spontaneously combusted or moved to Africa or anything. I guess I just take their adorableness for granted so I thought I'd share today.


Here is a picture of Brody showing me his cool Star Wars droid and Spiderman. He is really taken with a new action figure just about daily. Luckily for him, I've indulged this whim for the last 2 years or so and now a new whim no longer requires a trip to Target. Their action figure aisle looks just like Brody's toy bin and now we just recycle.

Oh, you want Batman today? Well, let me go see where...yes, here he is...(mom digs 4 or so different Batmans out of said bin)...oh, and the shirt too? Okay honey, (switch out what he's wearing for Batman shirt or full-blown Batman costume). See, this can work for Star Wars, Power Rangers, Spiderman, Harry Potter, etc. We got it all.


Now, here's the Princess. Actually I should write it like this...THE PRINCESS. She loves dresses, costumes, shoes, jewelery, and just the general prissiness of being a girl. I did not encourage this. Not that I mind and would have encouraged it if we had gotten about this far along and she had not shown much interest. However, none of my interference was neccessary because she became a PRINCESS all on her own. And if you ask her, "I pwincess." And then goes about ordering anyone who is within hearing distance around just to demonstrate her immense authority.
And with all of that girliness, she's got the emotional range of the Milky Way. Her happiness=ECSTATIC. Her sorrow=DEVESTATION (with real tears at the drop of a hat). And I am loving every minute of it. Oh, except last night, when she sat next to my bathtub and cried/screamed for a solid :20 min before I decided she had thoroughly ruined my 'mom relaxation time.'

So, we are so happy with our little kiddos.


5 comments:

J. Baxter said...

Cute pics! And where did you get that adorable tutu looking thing for Kelsey? I have been trying to find something like that for Miss Meara, but no luck. She would LOVE it!

Kristin said...

Adorable Kelly!

Emily said...

Your PRINCESS is so, so cute! What a darling picture. All that pink...and the look on her face. She knows she's a princess for sure! And I'm sure whatever action hero Brody decides to be, he is awesome at it. You're kids sound like they are so much fun. Boo that Texas is soooo far from you guys. It would be great to see you!!! Until then I'll just keep enjoying your blog!

annie valentine said...

I LOVE her. I'm using your apple crisp recipe today, wish me luck.

Natalie said...

It's funny, Lane saw these pictures and said, "Mom, why those kids look like the Seaberg's?" He didn't know you were related, but saw the resemblance!