Awww, look at those kids. About to embark on life's journey together. Do I still consider October 24, 2002 one of the best and most beautiful days of my life? Of course! But a sweeter memory are the 127 days that preceeded Oct. 24th. That wonderful summer of 2002 when we met, dated, and fell in love. Looking at this picture I see two people who were so excited to be together, bound together here on earth and for eternity. I remember feeling so lucky that this amazing man was mine and I was his. I still thank God every day for the gift of being sealed to him now and forever.
Six years later has it been all it was cracked up to be? Well, to be honest, it has been. I had originally started to write that not all of my naive bridal dreams had come true, but as I tried to think of one dream that hadn't come true....I couldn't. Oh, not everything has been as smooth as dreams seem to make them out. I really thought that 2 1/2 years after having my last baby I would be getting good sleep through the night. So, one dream laid to rest...(at least something's resting). Oh, I also thought after last said baby I'd have lost those last 10 baby pounds. Hummpphh! Enough said on that.
I also envisioned my days as a stay at home mom filled with children who clamored around me , wide-eyed little sponges, as I taught them gospel principles, their abc's, and how to get along with others. We filled our days with singing, playing, baking, and the usual Smurf-y kind of merriment you usually see in seminary videos. (Or am I just remembering those videos wrong? It was pretty early in the morning).
The reality is, my little sponges are more interested in PBS and computer games than my forms of teaching. They don't always get along with each other. And sometimes mom even loses her temper and yells. Insert a large *GASP* from the peanut gallery here.
But, dreams do come true. I have a wonderful and helpful husband who works so hard each day for our family. I have wonderful children who are smart, loving, kind, playful, and I love being with them each day. I am a SAHM, which I wanted to be. I have a beautiful home (that I love) to stay at home in each day.
And I get Bryce. I can't get too mushy for everyone and all to see, but no dream would be reality without him and I am so lucky the guy I married turned out to be my best friend.
Happy Aniversary! XOXO

5 comments:
Happy Anniversary, you two crazy kids!
Congrats on SIX years!!!
Happy anniversary a little late Kelly! That is a beautiful wedding picture! You guys haven't changed a bit!
I remember when you were deciding between going home to Washington or possibly moving out to Vegas to work (No, not THAT kind of work!) I'm so glad you ended up going home and meeting your Prince Charming. What a beautiful picture of you two!
Emily, you crack me up. Yes, I remember that also, it took forever to get an answer and I actually didn't even get one until I decided to just go to Vegas. Then it was so clear I needed to come home to Washington. LUCKY ME!
Post a Comment