Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We have lift off!


Apparently, as long as she's naked, Kelsi is potty trained. That doesn't help me much while at Target though, does it? She's one of those kids. You know, the ones whom parents can never keep clothed. She is my little naked booty-baby. So the next time you are at my house, think twice about sitting on my couches, you know where that bare bum has been. (Hey, I kick her off every time I see her there, but still...)

I have been wanting to potty train her for about 3 or so months. I tried pretty hard one day and she flaunted her personal potty independance in my face. She refused to go pee in the pot. Since that day I have thought about trying again. Especially those times when out of the blue she decides to deposit 'it' then 'swish it.' Those are exciting moments, usually followed up with me putting her in big girl panties, which she then proceeds to wet in the next hour-somewhere on the floor. Lovely.

However, this morning I let her run free of her diaper and lo and behold, while sitting up at the counter eating cereal, she looks at me and says, "I go potty." "Okay, let's go," by this time I know not to get too excited, usually she sits down for .2 seconds, then stands up and says, I done. So, we run into the bathroom, she sits, and whoosh! Lift off! We wipe, flush, and clean little potty bucket and away she goes. About :10 min. later I hear her messing around in the bathroom. This is nothing new, yesterday she dragged the potty chair out into the living room and completely dismantled it. So I thought nothing of what was going on in the bathroom more than something I'll have to clean up later. But she comes to me and tells me " I potty." again. Hmmm, I'd better go check this out, after all, whatever she did in there, she did in total darkness because the light was off and she can't reach it. We march in and she proudly points to p*#@p (no this is not some link) in the toilet! Now this is something new.

To conclude, my hope for today is that this is not a fluke. As long as I keep her bottom half naked I hope she will continue to take those cues and run to the toilet when nature calls. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

J. Baxter said...

Go Kelsi!! It was bound to happen, and more than likely she'll be more potty trained than not-potty trained. If that makes any sense.

She'll probably even be performing with clothes on after a few days! How exciting is that?

Very funny, by the way.

annie valentine said...

Okay, Rex is great too--with no pants on. Then he just pees and poops and then pees some more. I hate potty training Rex. Hate it.

Kristin said...

Hurrah! Kelly I was laughing out loud at this and read parts outloud to Luke, Very funny, and I relate...Potty-training is the worst task of parenting, and this is coming from me who has been cleaning up throw-up all day.

Emily said...

Hey, at least it's a cute bum that you'll be looking at all day! Good luck with the potty training.