Thursday, December 4, 2008

More Brody-isms

Man, when I get an itch to blog, it just all comes out...Brody is so funny. I just have to throw some "Brody quotes" on here because well, 1) it's been awhile since I have and 2) he's thrown a few doozies out for me lately that cannot be ignored.

sick: adjective. an expression to say when you don't want to. Ex: mom says, "Brody can you please get dressed now?" Brody says, "sick." (with a disgusted look on face).

blast: adjective. a word to use when something is really good. "Mom! Their house is blast!" (used to describe this house we always admire down our street).

Here are a couple of his classic phrases:

"It takes me back" "Mom, remember when I liked Batman when I was a little kid so many years ago? It takes me back."

"Fixing my hair is like evil to me" said when I asked him to come get his hair combed.

Or how about tonight when I gave him a bedtime snack, after setting his plate and yogurt in front of him he says (really upbeat and chipper, with truly great thankfulness), "Mom, this is great service!" I just laughed, but Bryce asked if he was going to leave a tip...I think that confused him a little. But made me laugh harder.

How about when my sweet boy comes to me tonight to tell me that he's been having bad thoughts all day. At first he doesn't want to tell me what it is, but asked if we could pray about it and said he's said "like 10 or 12 prayers all day!" about it and he's still having bad thoughts. I told him to tell me and I won't be mad. I didn't know what to expect, but I wasn't expecting his sad confession of, "I watched the Simpsons. But it was all dad's fault! He didn't turn it off!"

Hmmm, well, probably dad was too busy on the computer to realize it was on, so I told him we couldn't blame dad. Then told him how proud I was of him for telling me and for realizing that it was wrong to watch that show and that because he was feeling so bad about it, I knew he had a really good heart. How can anyone not just love being a mom? These kids make it all worth it!

3 comments:

J. Baxter said...

Five is just so cute. Today is Conan's birthday, and the first words out of his mouth when his eyes opened were "AM I FIVE???" And he's been telling everyone we meet. I'm feeling pretty guilty that he doesn't really get any kind of party this year besides Grandma, Grampa, and a cake, but hopefully we can have you and Brody soon and call it birthday-ish!

(Love the evil hair comment:)

Natalie said...

What a cutie!

Kristin said...

I don't know which I like more, "it takes me back" or "great service". So fantastic to read. Glad you wrote them down.