Saturday, December 13, 2008

There's Nothing Like the Holiday Season

As a kid we had superb holiday celebrations. My mom is the oldest of 11 kids in a mixed family, but the mix didn't matter, we were close to everyone and saw everyone on a regular basis. This makes for a pretty wild Christmas Eve (the day we all got together at my grandparent's house). I am the second oldest of 41 grandkids and counting. My mom's youngest sisters are all right around my age. It was incredibly fun to grow up near them. I love them like they were my own sisters.

My youngest aunt (just turned 30) is a regular contributer to a local paper and while at my mom's house recently, I picked up the paper and read her column. It was entitled, "A sure-fire, 12 step plan for a nicer holiday for everyone." As I read her tips I was touched by the sweetness and charity of her "plan." Since I am pretty sure I'd be violating some sort of copy law if I re-printed it word for word here, I am putting the link to her article on line here http://www.thevidette.com/thisweek/regarding.html.

Go there, read this, and do at least one. I guarantee it will make your holiday a little more special. I know I plan on it.

1 comments:

J. Baxter said...

The old days were definitely fun! So many good Chrismas party memories. Flashlights, fuzzy blankets, nightgowns, toolboxes - the list goes on and on.

And that is a good article - Go Annie! I've actually heard people talk about her column, and some guy even wrote a letter to the editor about one of them. She'll be syndicated in no time.