Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tis the holiday season

I love the holidays and especially love holiday parties. Kickin' off the holiday season I went to The Victorian Christmas last Wednesday with mom and Whitney. We had SUCH a fun day walking around all of the buildings filled with holiday cheer. Thank you Linda for watching my kids!

Then yesterday we had our Elders Quorum ward party. That was such a blast. It is awesome to get to hang out with other adults (and no kids!) and just get to visit, eat, and gear up for the holidays. We always do a white elephant exchange and I was surprised at how many couples showed up this year-as opposed to last year. I swear we must have doubled in size~of course there were a lot of fun gag gifts at the exchange, but I feel like the Schneiders scored pretty well. We ended up walking out of there with a boardgame (The Battle of the Sexes, which I have already looked at and think we will have fun playing).










A CD player for your car (which is junk to most people, however, I still drive a 1995-er and yeah-no CD player there folks).
Then someone else gave us an Atari joystick that plugs into your tv and has 11 classic games on it. Just so you know, Kendra and Whitney, I am so kickin' butt on Pitfall! Brody is loving it too.

So bring on the holiday cheer because the RS party is on Tuesday and the ward Christmas party is this Saturday. Hmmm, if it wasn't for our membership in the ward I'd be out of luck on the party scene, eh? Hope you all are finding lots of fun-filled Christmas parties to go to, to get you in the holiday spirit!

2 comments:

J. Baxter said...

LOVE the Atari plug in games! We used to buy Ms. Pacman every year and play it till it wore out. I still stink at Pitfall. Seriously, if I could just manage to jump the stupid puddle it wouldn't be so demoralizing!

Kendra doesn't blog, does she? If so, she'd better make herself known! And have fun at your other parties, with all those little kids in your nursery, there must be TONS of young couples on your ward!

Stephanie said...

You did score...holy cow, I love those plug in games. Kevin got me one for Mother's Day a couple years ago and it had pac-man and like 5 other games on it and they were all really fun. The joystick died on me though so I had to toss it. Maybe I'll ask for another one this year. That Battle of the Sexes game looks fun, too, although I've never played it. You'll have to let me know how you like it. :)