We had a great Easter this year. With two grandparents around, we always get plenty of Easter action. It all started on Saturday. This year we went with Grandma Linda to her ward's Easter egg hunt and brunch. Despite the fact that it was ridiculously cold for April, the kids and us had a great time. I wish I had some great pictures to post, but the camera died. Oh well, just imagine 1300 colored plastic eggs, 40 scrambling kids, and parents with cameras galore. It was crazy and fun and both our kids filled their buckets. Bring on the sugar comas.
Then we went back to Grandma's house and spent the day. Every other year we switch back and forth between Bryce's family and my family on Easter Sunday and Linda started a great tradition on her 'off year.' She always makes us fantastic tacos with all of the trimmings. I don't know what it is, but if I make tacos at home, I can't stand the smell or sight of them when it comes time to eat, but I love Linda's Easter taco tradtion! Maybe because she always has guacamole~and I'm too lazy to make it at my house. We spent all day with her an
d it was wonderful.
d it was wonderful.Sunday morning always proves a little crazy on Easter-especially when we have the 9am slot. However, the Easter bunny proved steady and when the kids came down in the morning they got to search for their baskets before breakfast. Here are a couple pictures of them and their loot:
Brody loving his Nerds and I think by the wrappers next to him, already loved/ate something else...hmmm no wonder he was crazy at church!Kelsi checking out her bouquet of flower suckers and other goodies.
After church we went to my parent's house and had a fantastic dinner (of which I ate way too much) and the kids played and played with their cousins until Grandma's Easter basket hunt. Luckily she went easy on the candy (1 marshmellow bunny each) and then everyone got a special toy. It was such a wonderful weekend and we are so grateful for all of our close family that make the holidays so special!

5 comments:
Lots of fun! I loved their bright Easter colors they wore to church!
This year we started a new tradition - Easter baskets after Easter dinner. I thought the kids would care, but they really didn't say anything, and it was SO MUCH NICER for me.
And I also ate too much, just in case you haven't read my post yet...
It was so crappy I didn't feel well yesterday. I feel better today but maybe it's because I have been sleeping/laying around all morning. I still had fun though! Glad you came down and brought ALL that YUMMY food!
So cute!
Somehow I don't think you'll be surprised to hear that I BOUGHT THAT DRESS FOR JUNE. That's right, our daughters have the same Easter dresses. Too bad she was too sick to go to church.
Why do we always do that?
Post a Comment