Friday, April 17, 2009

The floating baby

My kids have definitely had no problem getting used to the idea of a new baby.

They talk about it...Miss Kelsi says, "the baby sister this and the baby sister that," everything is about the baby sister. Brody wants a boy and only ever calls it a baby brother. They both love for me to expose the belly (which is really small and mostly just looks like smooshy fat right now) so they can talk to it, pat it, and kiss it. It really is sweet and cute :)

But today Brody informed me that he loves seeing the 'floating baby.' So I pulled up the blog so he could. First he exclaims, "what is that gross cord?" So I explain the umbilical cord concept. Then he watches it float around a little and he says, "Hey mom! The baby is upside down!" Umm-hmm, very astute son. Next I hear him say, "The baby almost kicked you in the side!" It was then that I realized he seemed to think the floating baby picture was an ACTUAL picture of our real baby inside my tummy. Too funny.

3 comments:

Whitney Seaberg said...

That's awesome! Ya, Tyler has no idea what's coming...poor kid! Oh and I really like the new background, good job :)

Ali said...

Hilarious! I love the innocence of childrene.

J. Baxter said...

Definitely go with that one! What a way to make the whole thing real for a kid. Who'd have thought?

In fact, you could totally get into it, and say things like - Oooo, I TOTALLY felt that one!

PS - bouncing from Whit' blog to yours was a big reminder - you two are BOTH pregnant! I remember she's pregnant, and I remember you're pregnant, but I forget that in the big picture those two events are connected. Duh!