Friday, April 3, 2009

Late Valentine's Day

I have heard several different opinions regarding Valentine's day and who it is really meant for. Some argue, HEY! It's a day for Lovers. Period. Leave your kids out of it. Others argue, HEY! I love involving my kids in a day centered around love. So who's right? Personally I think it's for whoever wants to make a big deal out of it , but I do know this. If a holiday passes by my house without decorations, treats, and a party-my kids will freak out. We missed St. Patrick's day this year (only because they didn't realize it was a "holiday" (i.e. something printed on a calendar-anything with this distinction counts for them-oh and for Grandma Linda-who has visited us on St. Patrick's day before). Therefore, we make a big deal out of it. Balloons, hearts galore, candy baskets, red/heart-shaped food, and lots of hugs and kisses for everyone.



So here are a few pictures from our Valentine's Day. And honestly, I can't even remember what Bryce and I did.

1 comments:

Ali said...

Good for you! I love the holidays too. I celebrate each one with my girls and they love it!(Kyle prefers not to celebrate holidays)