Kelsi's new trick and I imagine foray into the terrible two's is the wonderful, loved-by-all-parents, age-old question of WHY? All day today, whenever I would ask her to do something, she'd shoot back-Why? At first I tried to answer my child's natural curiosity about the world around her...what a smartie-I'd think. Then I realized, she didn't really want an answer, I don't know what she wanted, but whatever I'd give to her, it wasn't right. Therefore, after about the first 15 'whys' I just started telling her, "because I said so!"
Boy, do I remember my mom saying that. But not when I was 2, more like when I was 13 and totally questioning her authority and ability to raise me better than I could (obviously!) raise myself. Brody never asked Why. Was he just not curious? Did he just not question my authority? Or do some kids just skip over the 'why' portion of life? He wasn't a terrible 2-er and even the 3's weren't that bad. Hopefully Kelsi follows him down that path, but so far they've been polar opposites so I am not holding my breath.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Because I said so
Posted by Kelly at 7:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You can't stop blogging! I love you.
You have a great blog Kelli!
It was a fun read.
Love, Annette
Post a Comment