Thursday, May 15, 2008

Who hates mice more than me?

NO ONE! They are the most vile, disgusting little rodents on earth (and I do include rats in this, although I've never seen and hope to never see one) and we have them in our garage. We have no idea how they are getting in but believe that due to all of the construction on our street combined with the big empty field behind us that we will be fighting them for awhile. This is about my worst nightmare come true-only worse if they ever get into the house. We did have one at our last house. The little fellow hitched a ride in a bamboo tree that Bryce put in our car and brought home. Yes, it took several days for us to see his little trails in the car and garage and finally put out traps that got him. I had the car detailed and thought we were good to go. So we were until now.
We first noticed the mice in the garage after a big snow and Bryce thought that they were trying to find somwhere warm to be and our garage had not been sealed off properly by the builders. Well Bryce fixed that, we caught the mouse and thought we were done with it. So far we have caught 6 mice and I am a freak! Bryce thinks maybe they are coming in by the heater in the garage so hopefully he will go under the house and seal it off better. He did seal off a bunch of spaces before we moved in with that foam stuff, so I don't know what's going on.
I now enter my garage as if I am entering the enemy territory. I slowly open the door (don't want to see one on the steps) and always wear shoes in the gargae now (no more running barefoot to throw something in the garbage can). I scan all the cars, shelves, and kids bikes as I go to get in my car at which point I also scan my car seat, dash, gear column, and cup holders before I set my tush in the seat. I also check under and in my kids car seats for any signs of the intruders.
Brody knows that we do NOT under any circumstances leave the laundry room/garage door open in case one brave little mouse someday decides to run in, but if my dear hubby leaves that door open one more time I will not be responsible for my actions!

2 comments:

annie valentine said...

Polly hates mice more than you.

Whitney Seaberg said...

Oh Kelly, I feel so bad for you! That sucks!! I think I would beat my husband too :) Good luck on ridding your garage of them!!! Love ya! (oh and I think living in that upstairs bedroom makes you hate mice, cuz they never bothered me so much until I lived up there and then if I saw them ever I would hyperventilate it would scare me so much!!!)