I have several non-related ramblings to write down today. First, thank goodness for tv. I personally use it as my baby-sitter every morning until about 10am when I am finally ready for the day. (Yes I am such a good mommy-huh?! Hey, they get my attention the rest of the day!) But ever since we turned off cable and have solely been watching PBS I am entirely impressed with tv enhancing my kids' learning capabilities. They have 2 great shows about words and spelling that my kids love; WordWorld and Super WHY. both of these shows focus on spelling, letters, and phonics. Yesterday the kids were watching Super WHY and the character on the show asked what letter makes a "bah" sound and Kelsi (my 2 year old who can't even talk well!) says "B!" I about fell off my chair. Incidentally, it is on right now, and Kelsi is singing the introduction song while twirling around the living room in the princess nighty-boy is she cute.
I am constantly impressed with how cute and fun I think my kids are. Isn't every mother though? Yesterday Brody had a little friend here playing for the morning and they did well for about the first 2 hours. Then they went outside to play baseball. Well, the friend decided the sandbox looked so much more inviting and promptly ditched the baseball game for the firetruck in the sandbox. Boy, did this
make Brody mad! He stomped around the backyard, then came in to inform me that he had popped every balloon (that I had put out in the yard for the kids to play with) so his friend couldn't play with one. He told me his friend wouldn't play what he wanted with him and he wanted his friend to go home! Well, this wasn't such a proud-mom moment watching my kid throw a fit because he wasn't getting his way. But we were able to talk about his feelings and how being so mad wasn't a good feeling and blah, blah, blah, whatever I said he did listen to because after a couple of minutes I saw him go to the sandbox and apologize to his friend. Now THAT was a proud-mama moment.
Cute and fun definitely describes our Miss Kelsi. Her hair is now finally long enough to get into the sweetest little ponytails and I am loving it! Today when Bryce was kissing all of us before he left for work Kelsi (who usually kisses him through her
pacifier) took out paci, turned up her face to daddy, puckered her lips, closed her eyes, and laid a big one on her dad! He and I couldn't help laughing, what a great way to go to work.
Talking about cute, I just have to throw a plug in here for my hubby...no wonder I've got such good-looking kids. I had the great foresight (and good fortune)to marry a hottie. However, he is also a fantastic dad (spent all last evening wrestling with the kids, then put them in bed), a great cleaner (which for me is a MUST), and has an awesome personality. I love his sense of humor and his desire to be happy. He is always coming up with fun things for our family to do and if I am ever in a bad mood, he always teases me out of it instead of becoming moody himself. We are a truly compatible match (I won't toot my own horn and tell you all what I bring to the table, but I do have things to contribute-thank goodness.)and I thank the Lord every day for this wonderful man in my life.
I am constantly impressed with how cute and fun I think my kids are. Isn't every mother though? Yesterday Brody had a little friend here playing for the morning and they did well for about the first 2 hours. Then they went outside to play baseball. Well, the friend decided the sandbox looked so much more inviting and promptly ditched the baseball game for the firetruck in the sandbox. Boy, did this
make Brody mad! He stomped around the backyard, then came in to inform me that he had popped every balloon (that I had put out in the yard for the kids to play with) so his friend couldn't play with one. He told me his friend wouldn't play what he wanted with him and he wanted his friend to go home! Well, this wasn't such a proud-mom moment watching my kid throw a fit because he wasn't getting his way. But we were able to talk about his feelings and how being so mad wasn't a good feeling and blah, blah, blah, whatever I said he did listen to because after a couple of minutes I saw him go to the sandbox and apologize to his friend. Now THAT was a proud-mama moment.Cute and fun definitely describes our Miss Kelsi. Her hair is now finally long enough to get into the sweetest little ponytails and I am loving it! Today when Bryce was kissing all of us before he left for work Kelsi (who usually kisses him through her
pacifier) took out paci, turned up her face to daddy, puckered her lips, closed her eyes, and laid a big one on her dad! He and I couldn't help laughing, what a great way to go to work.Talking about cute, I just have to throw a plug in here for my hubby...no wonder I've got such good-looking kids. I had the great foresight (and good fortune)to marry a hottie. However, he is also a fantastic dad (spent all last evening wrestling with the kids, then put them in bed), a great cleaner (which for me is a MUST), and has an awesome personality. I love his sense of humor and his desire to be happy. He is always coming up with fun things for our family to do and if I am ever in a bad mood, he always teases me out of it instead of becoming moody himself. We are a truly compatible match (I won't toot my own horn and tell you all what I bring to the table, but I do have things to contribute-thank goodness.)and I thank the Lord every day for this wonderful man in my life.
1 comments:
The television babysits my children until 10 am as well, and it has taught Harrison how to read. Good mommy's utilize their resources wisely.
Post a Comment