Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fishing Derby






Today Brody went to a fishing derby held in Lakewood. It was a lot of fun! Grandma Linda registered him and got the ball rolling, so thanks Grandma! There was a small, netted-off portion of the lake where it had been stocked with trout. Brody's fishing time was 12pm. They lined up all the kids and parents who had the 12pm time slot and everyone waited for the whistle to be able to cast. Bryce did the casting and was doing an awesome job getting it way out next to the boundary line in the deepest part of the water. He must have been getting it in the right spot because about 5min. into it, Brody was the first to catch a fish. It was a rainbow trout, pretty good size, I'd say about 12-14 inches long. Here is a picture of him reeling in his first catch. I was going to take his picture with the fish, but he said he didn't want to touch it or eat it. Oh well, I at least should have gotten a picture with Bryce holding the fish, but Grandma Linda has got the thing cut up by now so no such luck! Next time though.

1 comments:

Whitney Seaberg said...

Good catch Brody, and not touchin the fish, well I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Love you all~