We had a nice Memorial Day today. The weather was quite uncooperative, I won't slam Washington because although it was cloudy all day, it did not rain. I am grateful for that! We had a nice BBQ in Linda's backyard. I like her backyard, she keeps it very clean, mowed and comfortable. She has comfy wicker furniture and plenty of sweet grass to lay on. It is big enough for the kids to run and be entertained in, yet almost exclusively enclosed so a mom doesn't worry too much. She also keeps her music going, today we listened to Hawaiian music and it really makes the mood. She is a great hostess.
We ate grilled chicken, grilled vegetables, baked beans, potato salad, fruit, the kids roasted hot dogs and marshmellows and Linda made some sort of pina colada/pineapple dessert, which was very good. Brody sprayed us all with silly string and got himself dizzy on the tree swing. Kelsi dug rocks and rang Grandma's bell. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable time.
I am happy to say that on Memorial Day I don't have many people to think about or many graves to visit. My Bonka died just about 4 years ago and I think of him a lot today and miss him. I do have plenty of great-grandparents who I also think of, but they have all been gone 10 or more years (except 1 great-grandma, she's been gone 6 years). So those are the people I think of today. Now we also put flowers on Bryce's grandma's grave here in Tumwater. I never met her, but she was close to Bryce and a constant in his life. We are grateful for this day to remember our loved ones....and to have great BBQ with loved ones.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Memorial Day
Posted by Kelly at 4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment